Last modified: May 15, 2022
The Company respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website and in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and this Website. This policy does not apply to information that we may collect offline, through any other means, or through a third party.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email or phone number (your “personal information”), or about your internet connection or usage details. We may collect this information directly from you or automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when your subscribe to communications from us, contact us, search our Website, if you report a problem with our Website, or request other services on our Website. We may also keep records of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website (such as traffic or location data), other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, or information about your computer and internet connection (such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences (allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests), speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to present our Website and its contents to you, provide you with information or services that you request from us, to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, and for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, to fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company, you can opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you an email, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your State Privacy Rights
If you are a California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, or Utah resident, your state’s laws may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email email@example.com. Visit this website to learn more about your California privacy rights. Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado, Virginia and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to: confirm whether we process their personal information; access and delete certain personal information; data portability; and opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales. Colorado and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose, and opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. To exercise any of these rights, or to appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please email email@example.com.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For any questions or comments about this policy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.